1. Money

What is your 30 second commercial? What introduction do you use at networking events that creates interest? Learn how to develop a compelling 30 second commercial that will grab anyone's attention.

Would you like a free critique of your 30 second commercial? Just post it in the comments section and my viewers and I will provide you with tips on how to redefine and create interest.
Comments
December 4, 2006 at 2:46 pm
(1) Larry Mersereau, CTC says:

My :30 second commercial: I work with business owners and marketers who want to bring in more business so they can take home more money.

December 4, 2006 at 3:31 pm
(2) Gerald says:

FIELD APPLICATIONS/APPLICATIONS/SYSTEMS ENGINEER/ARCHITECT

Solutions-focused, results-oriented Applications Engineer with more than 10 years of increasingly progressive,broad-based, technical experience (i.e.,pre- and post – sales) w/ the hands-on skill to remove technical obstacles that threaten the successful design-in of application-specific components into systems. Furthermore, I have the technical marketing and applications engineering skill to analyze architectural complexity vs. performance tradeoffs to improve processes, increase
productivity, and/or develop sales revenue.

December 4, 2006 at 9:21 pm
(3) Alan J. Zell says:

When asked what I do, I used to say, “I sell selling who do not like to see.” For the past few years I say, “I sell selling selling to people who like to do whatt they do but do not like to have to sell what they do.”

December 8, 2006 at 7:18 am
(4) fadahunsi remi says:

i have been searching for job under business administration and managemant study, they ask me to market myself, how will i go about this.

December 11, 2006 at 1:25 pm
(5) Joe says:

I agree, nothing is more powerful than a great 30 second commercial. I am amazed at how many companies do not do this. Our’s is printed on the back of our business cards. There is more info on how to do this at ( http://www.salesandmarketinghelp.com ) you must do it to succeed.

December 12, 2006 at 3:58 pm
(6) Arthur Herbert Pruett says:

I am an old innovator, and the first person to suggest the name,”Netscape” arthurpruett@yahoo.com

April 27, 2007 at 10:54 am
(7) Cristina Favreau says:

Here’s my intro (it’s longer than 30-seconds, I know…):
My name is Cristina Favreau. I specialize in helping passionate & motivated professionals in the service industry who love what they do, but struggle with running & marketing their business. Discover simple ways to gain visibility, credibility & get more clients. Within 3 hours, I’ll help you identify where you’re stuck in the marketing process & come up with an action plan to gain immediate momentum.

October 5, 2007 at 11:31 am
(8) Brian Konieczny says:

Hi, my name is Brian Konieczny and I am the Founder of _______ __________ Shaved Ice. We provide over 80 different flavors of shaved ice, and also have additional products to accompany this refreshing treat. We are not like many other competitors who make snow-cones, shaved ice is an ice that is very smooth, and fine that will actually hold the syrup.

We have the friendliest employees who have personally tried all of our flavors, that way they can assist customers in their choice, if needed to. We hope to offer all of these services at a low and affordable price; do you think that you or anyone you know would use/try our product?

December 7, 2007 at 9:40 am
(9) Calvin says:

I would like a free critique of a 30 second commercial please

January 5, 2009 at 12:20 pm
(10) Zanna Vaida says:

Hi! I’m Zanna Vaida, a Realtor in the Buffalo Niagara Region. Looking for a property in Western New York?
I’ll find you the best property that suits your needs. Just seeking information about our community and its living? I’ll provide you with sources and resources about our region.
Visit my site http://zannavaida.realtyusa.com, then, get in touch with your questions. Talk to you soon.

January 5, 2009 at 9:12 pm
(11) Christine Hoke says:

Hi I am A jewelry designer for Simply Strung Together where a great piece of jewelry can make a simple outfit look elegant! We design one-of-a-kind jewelry that has a lifetime guarantee. We carry pieces for all ages; there is something for everyone! Please visit http://www.SimplyStrungTogether.com to find that special piece.

January 5, 2009 at 10:44 pm
(12) mark harrison says:

I had to do this very thing today, the feared ‘elevator pitc’ so I can really empathise with what you are saying.

Business Networking

January 6, 2009 at 2:20 am
(13) Stefan (Marketing Magician) Drew says:

This is my approach and it seems to work quite well … it takes a bit longer than 30 seconds but as it is a story people stop and listen ….but I would welcome your comments.

Hi, I’m Stefan, I’m a Marketing Magician and I want to tell you a story.

Last year business owner, Stuart, got on a train in London enroute to his Glasgow office. Having several hours to fill he got out his latop and Googled a search term important to him.

On Page One of Google Stuart found me listed in the organic listing on the left hand hand side of the page …….with a Google ad on the right hand side of the page.

Stuart visited my website, liked what he saw and immediately emailed me. I phoned his mobile and before he got off the train in Scotland Stuart had become my client.

Stuart has now been a client for a year and his business is expanding rapidly despite the economic downturn.

This is an example of how I use low cost marketing to grow my business, and that of my clients, and why the BBC refer to me as the Marketing Magician in their broadcasts.

My name is Stefan, I’m a Marketing Magician … here’s my card … please call me when you need marketing help.

January 6, 2009 at 2:38 am
(14) Melissa Toh says:

I always wonder how to plant my name into their heads during networking. Exchanging name cards is not helping, they’ll hold your card but doesn’t mean they hold your name in their hearts….

January 7, 2009 at 11:31 am
(15) chanda nkamba says:

i started my business of office supplies in zambia last year and i have been getting useful info which so far has opened my mind about marketing my products.
I need more info about marketing.

January 7, 2009 at 8:16 pm
(16) John De La Cruz says:

My 30 sec. spot goes as such: Hi, my name is John De La Cruz and I’m in the business of asset preservation and asset growth. I specialize in business as well as individual preservation of capital. Here’s my card, I hope you and I can sit down in the near future to discuss your needs. ————————————————————–
sidenote: anyone on the NorthEast who is interested can contact me at (212) 261-0283.

January 14, 2009 at 11:00 am
(17) Your Mother says:

I Find that your explanaition of the 30 second commercial is very good.But eh Mslow’s hierarchy has taught us that this kind of marketing is sexified.

January 14, 2009 at 1:59 pm
(18) paul stone says:

Here is my 30-60 second commercial I would like feedback on:

Hello- My name is Paul Stone
I am a seasoned professional with documented success. I have over 20 years of successful management experience, mostly in healthcare. I help companies start new business units and solve operational and system-wide problems.

At North Kansas City Hospital I oversee 130 support services facilities staff. In 1999 when I accepted my current department-head position, turn-over was 85%. By 2006, myself and a dedicated team of people had reduced that turnover by over 60%.

I have been recognized for excellence in leveraging diversity to achieve common goals. I am interested in expanding my experience into project management in either healthcare or non healthcare industries.

I am intentionally innovative and I have never had an employer experience buyers remorse for hiring me. I would like the opportunity to meet each of you and discuss my unique ability to contribute to the important goals of your company. Thanks again.

January 19, 2009 at 1:19 pm
(19) lory phillips says:

while most folks may not realize it we run ads for our radio stations on a constant basis.these range from liners pitching stations to listeners to the radio everywhere ads.
radio is still very alive as music stations we have something going constantly and that is human emotion.sad songs-happy songs-sing along songs and we rent our listeners ears to our advertisers over and over and over.
advertising messages should be clear honest and well composed.

February 9, 2010 at 11:39 am
(20) GeoffreyCurti says:

My name is Geoffrey Curti
I’m the Director of Business Development and Sales for MilliCare: by Commercial Carpet Care of NJ where clean working is clean living.
We provide a pro-active approach to Carpet maintenance. Our process is the most environmentally friendly process in the country. It is efficient; it removes the soil without leaving any chemical residue behind, Convenient, there is absolutely no down time, you can walk on it immediately, and the carpet will stat cleaner 2-3 times longer than wet cleaning systems. If you want a clean carpet, improve your indoor air quality, and extend the lifecycle of your carpet, then you want MilliCare.
Where clean working is clean living.

May 31, 2011 at 11:04 am
(21) beckypool says:

My 30 second commercial=
Hi, I am ______ and this is _______. We are Owner and Operators of Pink Lyne Events.We are wedding and event coordinators for the _______ area. We help the bride and groom make their day memorable by minimizing and in some instances eliminating the stress of the months, weeks and days leading up to and on the day of the wedding.
For our corporate clients we take te stress out of the plannign and implimenting phase for them and make it as stress free as possible.
Do you have an upcoming event you would like to have as stress free as possible?
I think we can help you. We will meet with you and go over your ideas for the event. We have a large group of options available to us.
Would you like to schedule a meeting with us?

It seems like it should be finished better, but my brain is have a block!! I need this for a lunchen tomorrow (Wed)..
Can someone help me please??