1. Money

Laura Lake

Marketing Campaign Checklist

By January 5, 2014

There are many things that go into a marketing campaign and it's important to make sure you have done your due diligence to ensure the campaign's success.

That due diligence includes identifying your target, conducting market research, and determining the best way to reach your target. In today's world planning a productive and successful promotional campaign is crucial, especially with the cut in marketing dollars that many of us are experiencing.

Success comes from the following components:

If you have all of these things in order you've increased the odds of your campaign's success. You can follow this marketing campaign checklist to ensure you haven't missed anything.

Connect With Laura: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn|Google Plus

Comments
January 9, 2011 at 10:33 pm
(1) John Moss Marketing says:

I think your second point, market research, is the one activity that is most often skipped. In fact, I think it should be the first bullet. It’s really important to know the needs and whats in your market before you define a target.

Thanks,
John Moss
John Moss Marketing

January 10, 2011 at 12:01 pm
(2) Laura Lake says:

Hi John, the reason I did not list research first is because I believe you need to have an idea of who you are targeting before you start researching, of course this could work vice versa by using research to identify you target, if you are unsure of who your target is. Thanks for posting :)

January 10, 2011 at 12:03 pm
(3) Laura Lake says:

Deepanshu, you can find a list of associations and agencies here:

January 10, 2011 at 1:45 pm
(4) Dione Moser says:

Laura,
You have it in the perfect order. The problem I run into is that my clients may know their “target client” but they still want to do things that they personally think/feel/do..not what their “target” thinks/feels/does. Just because you don’t/do like it doesn’t mean they don’t/do.
My suggestion to my clients is to survey their top 5 clients, and its always funny how shocked they are to learn what they didn’t know!
Thanks for all your great articles!
SMILE :)

January 10, 2011 at 2:23 pm
(5) Stefan says:

Laura

So many people are scared of the price element. They think that when times are hard they have to lower prices. But as suggested by the “flakes” analogy sometimes a higher price promises more.

If you start with a high price you can always drop a bit (usually with a variation to the offer as well) but once you’ve quoted low there is no way to raise the price.

Stefan

January 11, 2011 at 6:19 am
(6) Emm McAndrew says:

Hi Laura,

I cannot express your point number 1 enough. I find that companies who have been trading a while tend to lose sight of their target markets’ changing needs and wants (especially since the introduction of internet shopping) and as Dione’s comment suggests – they can be way off the mark!

January 17, 2011 at 6:41 pm
(7) Laura says:

I agree Laura that identifying your target is the first and most important step in the process – however it’s also important to realize that your target audience might belong to different groups that should receive different kinds of info. I use http://www.EmailMarketing.Net to separate my list by age and then I send them slightly different newsletters every week. And then I can check the live analytics so I see the different response rate, click through rate, etc, from the groups – it really helps me plan what future campaigns should be.

thanks for the checklist very usefull

February 5, 2013 at 3:25 am
(8) Neil McLean says:

I also believe that it is vital that the message talks to all the various brain profiles to ensure optimization.