1. Money

Laura Lake

Manage and Grow Your Customer Relationships with these Web Based CRM Solutions

By March 16, 2014

It's a new year and many companies are evaluating their customer relationship management (CRM) tools. Customer relationships are key to any marketing strategy and having tools that can help you manage and grow those relationships is a must. Implementing a CRM is not difficult and there are many solutions that are cost effective and won't break the bank. A CRM enables you to be more strategic when it comes to your customer relationships and then helps when it comes to serving and developing those business growing relationships.

If there was ever a time that you stayed in touch with your customers it should be today. Relationships are key when it comes to successful and effective marketing.

There is no excuse not to use a CRM tool that helps you to stay in touch with not only your current customers, but also leads that are in your sales pipeline. I recently spent time looking for a customer management solution for a client and I was amazed at the options that are available; not only to large companies but to small and medium sized businesses as well. You can implement a CRM solution for less than $12 per user a month and there are even solutions that are free if you have less than 3 users.

Are you running a CRM to manage and grow your relationships? If not, why? Can you really risk to lose a customer or even a potential customer because you didn't stay in touch? I'm going to assume that the majority of you answer that question with a resounding no.

If you are not using a CRM right now and checking it everyday let me encourage you. I have shared with you the information that I found when searching for a solution and I'm going to share with you my top five CRM solutions that I recommend to businesses. You will see that each solution offers different features and perks, pick the one that fits your needs and begin to implement today. I promise that you will be glad you did.

Your turn: If I did not list your favorite CRM feel free to add it to the comments and tell us why it's your favorite.

Connect With Laura: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn |Google Plus

Comments
March 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm
(1) Stefan Drew says:

Laura

So many people think that their business is too small to need a CRM system ….. but it really is essential. I now use ACT (owned by Sage). It is relatively inexpensive, has massive flexibility, integrates with all the usual systems like Outlook and will mailmerge with letters, reports or files you store on the system, etc.

It also has a facililty that will synchronise the copy you have on a laptop with the Mastercopy back in the office.

Oh, and it does loads of other things as well and that is often the problem with these systems. You really need to learn a bit about what they can do, list what you want it to do and choose a system based on your real needs. don’t be sold on all the extras if you don’t need them.

March 15, 2010 at 6:02 pm
(2) Larry Caretsky says:

Laura, could not agree more. CRM software can help customers improve how they sell and provide service to their customers. The ROI for these businesses however is no longer just in the software but instead in the value added services provided by the software vendor. Commence Corporation has created a series of sales and marketing programs to ensure that customers realize the maximum value from our solution. This is not because the software is difficult to use, its not, its because customers struggle to implement change and stay disciplined to maintaining new processes. This is unique to Commence and is serving our business and our customers well. I do work for Commence — so I may be biased here.

Larry

March 18, 2010 at 5:05 pm
(3) Keith Daw says:

Laura,

I loved the article, as usual.

I find most companies do not realize how they can benefit from a CRM system, or they perceive the cost of entry as prohibitive. Others utilize CRM tools and find them so overwhelming or cumbersome, that their sales team simply does not utilize them to their full potential. As a sales manager, this is a problem and a colossal budget faux pax.

I’ve had experience working with and around several CRM programs and have yet to come across one that impressed me the way eSalesTrack did. I walked through the demo with one of their associates and was amazed at how easy it was to use, easy to get started, and easy to afford ($40/mth!). Further, the free continuing education on how to utilize the software to the fullest potential cannot be beat. I don’t get impressed too easily by software applications, but this one definitely is worth taking a look at: http://www.eSalesTrack.com.

March 22, 2010 at 2:47 pm
(4) HobbitPoster says:

I would like to bring another CRM solution to everyone’s attention. This one hopefully willb be added to your list of top CRM solutions. :)

The website is called Create Appointments and it provides a limited free version as well as a full function monthly fee version. This web based software allows for managing customer information online as well as enabling online appiontment booking by customers. This is really good for web marketing as this way any potential clients to visit your website have more incentive to sign-up for an appointment right away and don’t forget about your business.

March 23, 2010 at 11:23 am
(5) Joy says:

Thanks for a great article, as always.

Another option for CRM is the Microsoft Dynamics CRM online version. It is only $44/user/month. My company is just starting down this road. We are working with a 3rd party customizer to get even more out of the application faster and create a global look and feel.

The best part is that it is online for as long as we want it that way. Then we can bring it in house (on premise) in the future with all of our data and customization in tact.

This will allow all of our sales professionals from North and South America to Europe to Asia Pacific to access the information in real time, with the benefit of BB access. We are excited about the potential benefits to our <500 employee company to communicate and manage our customer relationships globally.

October 11, 2010 at 6:56 pm
(6) Peter says:

CRM’s are great, but they are even more powerful when they are integrated into your website. Checkout Haiku, it’s a total Online Business solution. It manages your website (CMS), an Online Store so you could sell online, full email marketing capabilities – and all of this revolves around the CRM, so you what actions your customers are taking on your site and you can respond accordingly. http://www.haikuob.com

October 19, 2010 at 1:39 am
(7) Sahana Bose says:

Laura,

I love the way you articulate. Indeed a great post.

For many organizations, CRM Software has demonstrated its ability to provide immediate value to the sales force by improving their ability to sell, to streamline and automate process and significantly increase there success rates at all customer touch points.

Using Marketing Automation processes in CRM helps to reach targeted niche to build awareness and drive interest your company’s products and services which in a continuous process generate qualified opportunities.

And would be glad to introduce Impel CRM, Integrated SaaS CRM leader in India. . Impel CRM, highly comprehensive yet fast-to-deploy CRM solution, Impel CRM goes far beyond any other Software-s-a-Service (SaaS) offering and helps companies put their customers at the center of their business. What makes Impel CRM different from other CRM software’s is that we have concentrated on making comprehensive functionality easy to use and highly tailorable software at much affordable subscription prices.

-sahana

October 24, 2010 at 11:09 am
(8) Neeran says:

Dear Laura,

it`s really a pleasure to learn from your experience. Am just starting my studies and career in the sales and marketing sector. it`s fantastic the way you explain. Thanks a lot for the great job you`re doing.

April 29, 2014 at 8:10 am
(9) ______________ says:

I like the valuable information you provide to your articles.
I’ll bookmark your blog and take a look at again right here frequently.
I am rather certain I will learn many new stuff proper right
here! Best of luck for the following!