Public relations seems so glamorous, after all what company doesn't want to say we just hired a PR firm? Public relations if done right can reach a large audience without the expensive cost of traditional advertising and marketing.
A few of the significant public relations benefits include:
- Economical way to reach your target audience in masses
- Stimulates awareness of, and the demand for your company's products or services
- Strengthens your company image and perception
- Paints the picture of a company that is active and innovative
- Creates more credibility that traditional advertising
- Creates an advantage of your competitors that are not utilizing PR effectively
- Increase search engine visibility and organic results
As you can see a well run public relations program carries with it multiple benefits that can have a significant impact that is greater than traditional marketing or advertising vehicles. It's a proven fact that public relations also carries a higher credibility factor.
If PR is not a part of your marketing program, it may be time to consider and implement a public relations campaign to complement your existing marketing plan.