1. Money

Let's face it in today's economy we are all looking for ways to be creative and innovative in our marketing. A month ago I asked for people to share their no-cost and low-cost tips and techniques for marketing, a common thread was social media marketing, particularly Facebook.

I know from my own personal experience that Facebook has become a part of my daily routine, I use it to keep up with current events, colleagues, family and friends. There are things I've heard on Facebook way before it ever hit the media waves. I've even downloaded a tool that updates me on Facebook status changes, just so I feel like I'm on top of what's going on in the world. It's true many of us thought that Facebook, was just for kids, but statistics are proving us wrong daily; a recent report showed that over half of the 140 million users on Facebook are out of college.

Does that pique your interest? Are you ready to start capturing your portion of that 140 million as customers? Of course you are, so today I'm going to show you two different ways that you can use Facebook to market your business. Learn how to market your business on Facebook using both Facebook Pages and Facebook Group options.

Comments
February 9, 2009 at 5:12 pm
(1) Skip says:

Great piece. I never knew you could do that on Facebook. It makes Facebook a little more relevant for businesses. Thanks for the suggestion.

February 15, 2009 at 3:09 pm
(2) Kimberly says:

This is a great article. Thanks for the tips!

March 5, 2009 at 12:26 pm
(3) reyna says:

Wow! At market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop, I got so inspired by the high energy, “do it now” style that Iím really tired up to do more every day to build my business.

The team at market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop can inspire a room full of people to manifest results in record time.
Chris Williams is real, she’s smart, her enthusiasm is infectious and, quite simply, she makes big things happen.

What I learned at market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop is that I donít have to build my business alone. Help is out thereóin fact, itís at market OUT LOUD. Iíve definitely put them on my team.

At market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop, they helped me see “the big picture” for my business and strategize a way to get there.

market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop gave me the road map I needed to move forward and grow.

Marketing can be a difficult thing to wrap your mind around, but at market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop I suddenly understood what I had been doing wrong and what I needed to change. The results have been great.

If youíre looking for whatís working for small business today so you can make more money,
then you would do yourself a favor by going to market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop.

I had such blind spots about what wasnít working in my marketing but market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop really opened my eyes.

Iím just starting out with my business, and Iím so glad I went to market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop to get a plan that will
work for me. I really understand my business so much better, and what I need to do to make it a success.

I really appreciate how the folks at market OUT LOUDís Breakaway workshop really got into my business and my challenges. I got real, practical help for my situation.

September 29, 2009 at 3:53 am
(4) Douglas Gregory says:

Facebook is a very effective marketing tool – and cheap!

As long as you remain as dedicated to maintaining your ‘friends’ via your Facebook page or event, you will continue to generate positive impressions for your brand.

We never really believed that our promotional merchandise business would generate too many leads via Facebook, but I must say we were genuinely surprised by the return on what was in the end very little investment.

October 10, 2009 at 5:26 pm
(5) Kristen says:

Thank you for the advice! And thank you to Reyna, for posting the link to market out loud! Very helpful!

November 4, 2009 at 3:39 pm
(6) Xeny says:

Are you able to delete your business profile for any reason?

April 17, 2010 at 1:20 pm
(7) Chinese lessons says:

I really need to do some marketing on SNS platform like facebook , twitter,besides advertisement, any else other tips??

thanks

April 20, 2010 at 2:10 pm
(8) Benjamin says:

My company implemented a great facebook application called Storefront Social (http://storefrontsocial) It creates a Storefront tab where we can showcase our products for our facebook fans. It even has the share button for each product so you can share all your products and let social media take effect. It’s already generated revenues for our traffic coming from facebook!

April 20, 2010 at 10:04 pm
(9) Boost Promotional Products says:

Facebook is a simply amazing business tool. Used in the right way this powerful marketing tool can be of huge benfit to any business in conjunction with other advertising and marketing products.

Great post!!

April 21, 2010 at 7:39 am
(10) adji says:

good information, this could be an alternative for my marketing

July 21, 2010 at 7:10 am
(11) Steve says:

You know, everyone keeps talking about these 140 million facebook users, but the truth is, you can’t reach them all. You can make great apps and content and hope that it gets spread through the network, but for creating business contacts and leads, it’s not really a great resource. As far as communication opportunities, we do more through email and websites than facebook currently delivers. Most people do not want to be spammed at facebook, which is essentially what marketing is on facebook.

September 15, 2010 at 3:10 am
(12) Johnathon W. says:

Facebook is the new frontier for marketing.

Just think about it. You can reach millions of people across the world for FREE.

Social networking is allowing unprecedented levels of marketing for business owners.
However you need to know how to use sites like Twitter and Facebook to your advantage.

1. Make a Facebook fan page or Twitter account for your business

2. Load it up with content about your business .ie what you do, your products etc.

3. then get fans and followers and advertise them via facebook status updates and twitter tweets.

My best advice would be to use a social networking marketing site. They help you get thousands of fans/ twitter followers for your business.

I know of two that I hear do a great job.

October 21, 2010 at 12:51 am
(13) Clifton Musgrove says:

I need help, I don,t know how to market my business on Face book

November 8, 2010 at 10:48 pm
(14) Eric says:

Facebook is definitely a very creative way to spark interest amoung friends and other people or spheres you may know. Great marketing in my book!

May 8, 2011 at 9:54 pm
(15) summer says:

Thank you so much for sharing this information. I am still bit confused. I have a page for my business, how can I get other users become my fans?

May 21, 2011 at 1:26 pm
(16) silver says:

i just want to say thank you for the tutorial. it easy, and it work. that is all a good tutorial should be. keep up the good work!

September 26, 2012 at 5:30 pm
(17) Scott trelfas says:

That was really useful check out my face look page for my shop TRELFAS.com feel free to give me tips if you can think of something I’m not doing right!

Thanks
Scott trelfa

January 5, 2013 at 12:56 am
(18) Jeffri Abdullah says:

Great info from Laura. When FB first began it was only about staying in contact with friends and family – now it has become a very sophisticated marketing platform with so much more to know. I love it and find it endlessly fascinating. For more info see my blog here for 23 free videos to help you. http://bit.ly/TCaRxM Jeffri

April 21, 2014 at 8:08 pm
(19) bitcoin says:

Pourquoi acheter <a href=”http://www.cowforum.com”>bitcoin</a>
pas cher par le web en 5 minutes

April 21, 2014 at 10:26 pm
(20) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hm15oetqjm says:

Magnificent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely great.
I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you’re
saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable
and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait
to read much more from you. This is really a great
web site.

Also visit my web page: free facebook credits (<a href=”http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=4Hm15OeTQJM”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hm15oetqjm</a&#062 ;)

April 22, 2014 at 12:19 pm
(21) aspirateur robot samsung says:

I need to to thank you for this excellent read!!
I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of it. I have got you book-marked to
look at new stuff you post_

my web blog: <a href=”http://www.goldenonyx.biz”>aspirateur robot samsung</a>