1. Money

We know that when it comes to the way men and women shop; it's different. Men waltz into a store to gather what they came for while women will take the time to browse and explore the new products that have been introduced in the isles. The same is true when it comes to the online behavior of men and women; gender stereotypes apply.

Effective marketing is about getting our products or services in front of the consumer where they will see it and be attracted to it. If we take the time to understand the way our consumers use the internet it enables us to ensure that they see it online when they are participating in their usual activities.

Take a few moments to learn how both men and women use the internet and how that information can help you in positioning your product or service and in return help you to increase your conversions. You may just find out why you are not selling any of your products or services online.

Comments
May 13, 2009 at 11:09 am
(1) Rhonda Wudarczyk says:

Awesome article! Never thought about it that way, but you are right men and women do shop differently and they also search the net differently. This is great information to take to heart!

May 13, 2009 at 2:26 pm
(2) Blogs that Make Money says:

Interesting. Being female I use the Internet more like a man. Ha ha. That is just a bonus as I use it exactly as you stated women do as well.

May 15, 2009 at 4:34 am
(3) Online Marketing Strategy says:

I have read research that indicates that the amount of content you create on your webpages needs to cater differently for men and women, depending on your target market and what you are trying to achieve. For example often middle aged women will scroll and review all the information on your page and go to other pages before they make a decision to subscribe or buy or whatever your call to action is.

Do you have any insight into this behaviour?

May 18, 2009 at 12:37 pm
(4) Kate says:

This explains recent altercations I’ve had with Male family members who cannot see the value in social media at all – even said it will die out – because “no one” has the time for it. Thanks.

May 18, 2009 at 4:50 pm
(5) David Calabrese says:

Simple, but poignant. Too many times marketers and brands use the “spray and pray method”. Believing that a large reach will make up for a less than targeted message is a huge mistake that every brand manager makes, myself included the first time I executed a digital campaign. The challenge is finding the budget to hire an expert or the time to learn enough to make small improvements.

I leveraged the expertise of those who I would hire to learn quickly and make information based decisions. I realized that value in the digital economy is that persistent optimization is possible, that I wouldn’t get it right the first time but had to measure everything and adjust quickly.

May 19, 2009 at 10:11 am
(6) Lotus Calibration says:

Interesting article and had noticed that males and female search differently just as they shop differently

May 20, 2009 at 8:24 am
(7) sanjeev says:

awesome, b’cos we naver even thoght over it.and marketer just post there marketing ad without,think over it. realy how much importat it is

May 20, 2009 at 2:29 pm
(8) Alex says:

Makes you wonder how many marketing tools a company utilizes are affected by the gender of the operator creating the ad copy. E.G. – a male IT guy creating a webpage versus a female one. Sure makes you analyze things a bit more. Thanks for the info!

June 2, 2009 at 9:32 pm
(9) I Like Websites says:

Excellent article Laura! You are right! It will be neccesary to understand each gender thinking when you are developing your marketing strategies!

Gene Hoglan
We are an affordable Internet Marketing Network!

July 30, 2009 at 12:37 pm
(10) askmepcs says:

This is great information. I have noticed over time I have much more men hiring me to create their websites and blogs. I am wondering if the no nonsense fact filled information I tend to favor on my website has helped me out. I also shun advertising on my business website. I am sure I could make a few dollars adding some ads but I am such a purist with design and simplicity that I just cringe when I see people dropping in those ugly adsense ads all over their sites. Is it really worth the few dollars to turn off your customers?

July 1, 2010 at 8:54 am
(11) Adwomen says:

Hi Laura, interesting article, great quotes and facts. It is very important for the companies, they must use this information in upcoming marketing campaign to aimed women or men.