Blogs have made a grand entrance into the marketing realm. Why? They can be a successful marketing tool if done right.
Blogs have core components that increase their success such as content, distribution, and frequency, but you need more than that to get people to read it.
Popular blogs have one thing in common, an individual voice. A voice will not only gain readers, but it keeps them. Learn how to create your voice using these 5 blogging tips:
1. Create a Blog PersonalityDon't formulate your posts. Let your voice shine through. Give your blog a personality.
2. Be Consistent in Your PostsBe consistent. When starting out, try to post at least three times a week, preferably every other day.
3. Keep It SimpleDon't get caught up in the length of your posts. They don't have to be long. They can be random thoughts or tidbits of news regarding your industry. The key is to make them interesting.
4. Allow CommentsAllow comments. You can moderate comments, but comments create the viral effect by allowing your readers to interact with you. You will also want to research and comment on relevant industry related blogs.
5. Focus on Your TitleTitles draw traffic. Be creative. Not only do they capture the attention of potential readers, but those search engines love blog titles. A rule of thumb is to keep your title under ten words.