By Laura Lake
- Basics of Public Relations
- Developing Your Public Relations Plan
- Public Relations Methods and Techniques
- Careers in Public Relations
Basics of Public Relations
Public relations is growing in importance as a marketing tool and is now consider a critical component in helping marketers reach their marketing objectives. It's important to have a basic understanding of public relations, so you can implement it into your marketing mix.
- What is Public Relations, and How Do You Do It?
- How To Write a Press Release
- How To Write A Fact Sheet
- How To Write Talking Points
- How To Write A Statement
- Public Relations: Explore the Benefits
- Publicity/PR Success And How You Can Do It Too
Developing Your Public Relations Plan
It's important to have a public relations plan. This can be for general public relations activities, media strategy and crisis communication. Often this phase can seem daunting, but these resources will help you by taking you through development step-by-step.
- Six Steps to Developing Your Public Relations and Media Plan
- Develop Your Crisis Communication Plan
- How to Write a Media Plan for Earned Media
- How To Write a Media Plan for Social Media
Public Relations Methods and Techniques
There are different methods and techniques when it comes to public relations. This include press releases, speaking, writing, blogging and more. Here are few ideas that will help you incorporate public relations to fulfill your marketing objectives.
- Create Buzz: 10 Tips for Seductive Story Angles
- Public Speaking - Incorporate Humor in Your Next Speech
- Toot Your Own Horn!
- Five Tips to Creating an Effective Blog
- Learn How to Promote Yourself as an Expert
Careers in Public Relations
It is the responsibility of the Public relations department to manage the communication with the media, consumers, employees, investors, and the general public. They are considered the spokespeople for the company. They will often write press releases to promote new products or to keep the investment community informed of business partnerships, financial results, or other company news. If they are based out of media relations they will spend their time responding to information requests from journalist or pitch stories to the media.
- Explore Careers in Marketing: Promotions / Public Relations
- Public Relations Specialist
- Public Relations Director